Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Tragedy....


Hola everyone! So last sunday I went to see Romeo y Julieta at the national theater. I was really excited to go because I have grown to appreciate the dramatic arts more as I have gotten older thanks to my wonderful Gma taking me to the Fox and Disney World numerous times.

Well let me tell you, I have be ruined! I'm so spoiled by the Fox Theater in St. Louis that even a country's NATIONAL THEATER pales in comparision! I did not care for it at all. However, I tried to keep in mind that it was a traveling company and so was probably extremely low budget. Plus they could not carry an entire set with them if they were traveling. BUT STILL! I mean, the set was literally a few peices of plywood on wheels with the occasional blanket thrown over them. I have seen and entire house on stage! I have seen witches fly! Really fly! Mary Poppins even flew over our heads! I am beyond spoiled. Nevertheless, I acheived my basic goal of simply exploring the theather, seeing what it was like on the inside, and trying to engage in a cultural experience (though there was absolutely NOTHING engaging about it). The theater really is pretty from the inside (again, not holding a candle to the Fox). I will put those pics up soon.

Well, time to go to class and give yet ANOTHER presentation. This time with Colleen and TWENTY minutes long. Here's to trying!

I miss you all so much
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment