Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Puerto Viejo

Que pasa? Last weekend we went to Puerto Viejo which meant we finally made it to the caribbean side of the country! Puerto Viejo is a beach in the province Limon, which is mostly a province of people of Jamaican heritage. They speak a weird mix of languages that I couldn't understand, but it sounded sweet! It was extremely hot and I was basically sweating the entire time, but our room did have air conditioning. That's right, AC. Amazing. First time I have seen AC (except for the ATM in Manuel Antonio) since I have been here!

Friday night we went to a really good Italian resturant and then some of the girls went out afterwards. I just walked along the beach and then hit my bed. We had to get up early saturday morning for...SNORKELING!!!! I think thats how u spell it anyway. We took another hike through the rainforest to a boat that took us out to sea! It was SOOOO cool. The water was much more clear in Puerto Viejo than the other beaches I had been to so it was great for snorkeling. I saw the coral reef, lots of ameobas, and LOTS of fish. My favorite kind of fish was this bright blue one that then had even BRIGHTER phosporescent blue spots! It pretty much just glowed in the dark! How do all of them not get eaten?? lol

After that we chilled for the rest of the day, shopping at jewelry stands on the street, and laying on the beach. Sunday morning I went for a run with Dani and then got on the bus to go home. All in all, Puerto Viejo was pretty sweet. Another very hippie beach town.

I still have yet to take surfing lessons! I better get on that! Though I think we are going to Jaco for halloween weekend and that is suppose to be a great place to surf. So maybe then! Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment