Friday, October 23, 2009

Volcan Arenal


Volcan Arenal was SOOO amazing! Its one of the active volcanoes here, but unfortunately it was too cloudy the night we were there to see the lava and the dragon spitting fire! I'm just kidding bout the dragon. The first day we were there, we went up into the mountain to a resort called Baldi Springs. It was huge and luxurious...quite different from what I have been used to here. It had 25 pools, hot springs, and swim up bars! Plus three AMAZING water slides. When i first saw the slides, I thought no big deal. They arent anything special. We have way bigger and scarier ones in the states. Oh, was i wrong. I chose the middle one first which turned out to be the craziest one! You literally flip around inside the slide. It's pitch black, you have no idea where you're going, you are thrown around like a rag doll, and then at the end there is a huge drop! Its so steep that you hardly touch the slide as you fall. lol. I actually head the back of my head really hard on the slide right when I came out. I had a slight headache and a little knot ALL day. Then I went down like 7 more times. Lol. It was great. So after this bodily abuse, I lived it up in the hot waters (for as long as I could stand, which wasnt really that long. Yall know how i am with hot tubs) and then cooled off in the cooler water. And now for the best part...I got a hour long massage and facial in the cutest little spa right there on the side of the volcano...for fifty bucks. Oh yes. And it was great. Needless to say, after some hot spring action and a lil rub down, my body didnt remember how harshly i had treated it earlier that day. Lol.

The next day we headed to the base of the volcano once again, but this time to the most amazing waterfall I have seen since I have been here. I can hardly explain it. It's like the waterfalls you see in the movies. The really tall, powerful, loud ones. And we swam in it. I was one of the first ones in. I couldnt wait. I kid you not, It was a full cardio workout swimmin in that pool. The waterfall was so powerful that you were constantly being pushed around, hit in the face with waves, slammed into rocks. It was amazing. We swam around behind the waterfall and climbed around on some rocks. One of the boys with us had a waterproof camera so he got some pretty amazing pictures I have on facebook. All in all, it was an amazing weekend once again. Then I returned home to the drudgery of San Jose: class, gym, eat, hw, sleep, class, gym, hw....well you get the idea.

Well until next time! Mucho amor a todos!


-M

Oh and I forgot to tell you! On the way to arenal we stopped in the cutest little town with amazing landscaping in the central plaza and the cutest church. And that's what the pics are of!

No comments:

Post a Comment