Sunday, December 6, 2009

I CANT WAIT


I can't wait to come home and....

Be able to use 20 dollar bill to pay for things with (seriously, here in Costa Rica almost NOWHERE can break the equivalent of a 20, yet that is what the ATM disperses. Hmmm)

Be able to walk down the sidewalk without looking down in front of my feet every single second to make sure I don't break an ankle

Be able to walk around BY MYSELF any time I want without fear of getting mugged

Be able to be sick in my own bed (this is a newly developed wish, as I JUST became sick today)

Be able to wear whatever clothes I want out in public without fear of being harassed

Be able to breathe in without choking on car exhaust

Be able to do homework using and actual BOOK instead of my computer (my eyes hurt)

Be able to get into my house without unlocking three different doors (but I DO feel safe here)

Be able to watch ESPN in english

Be able to wear sweaters and pants and jackets and hats and scarves (notice I didn't say COAT Gma!)

Be able to shower and still feel clean hours later

Be able to walk around without getting stared at (yes Ma, I know. Preposition at the end of a sentence. Sorry. Didnt know a good way around it)

Be able to walk around or eat at a restaurant without keeping a death grip on my stuff

Be able to use sugar that DOESNT have ants in it

Be able to eat something OTHER than rice and beans

Be able to have a nice, juicy, steak

Be able to drink hot chocolate and coffee without sweating

Be able to sleep with more than a sheet on top of me

Be able to sleep without automatically and involuntarily rolling left into the ditch in my bed

Be able to sleep saying goodnight to my hundreds of creepy crawly roommates

Be able to cross a street without the cars speeding up when they see me

Be able to buy shampoo and conditioner for LESS than 5 dollars a bottle

Be able to sit in my room without the deafening roar of traffic lofting through my window

Be able to take an entire shower without the water shutting off or going ice cold on me

Be able to generally tell when a car is going to turn thanks to that genius invention called a BLINKER

Be able to walk around my house without looking out for pee or poo (i hate that lil dog)

Be shorter than most of the guys around me

Feel carpet under my bare feet

Hug all my friends and family

Be able to throw toilet paper in the toilet

Use a nice, clean bathroom in public places

Well, I feel better.

Love,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment